Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Just Love Tongue

In all classes, seminars, etc, or where people group, usually birds of a feather tend to flock together. There'll be the studious types, the playful types, those that must eat no matter what, ......yeah, so it was at that macaroon class at cooking house, that the penguin and the stork and Ryan Khang decided to skip class to forage for food. Not quite birds of a feather, but birds la, nonetheless, amidst a school of .... well, obedient well trained students.

The good thing about hanging out with food bloggers, you never have to worry about knowing where to eat, or where not to eat. The stork, (CIKI la, in case yall were wondering) led us without hesitation to this glorious bovine heaven, that serves innards and various parts of the cow. And TONGUE!!!! I JUST LURRRRRRRRRVE TONGUE.

I imagine it must be quite a delicacy, as a tongue, in proportion to the rest of the cow, is probably quite a small percentage. So its as rare as a cow's you know what....sorry, I meant a bull's you know what. On the other hand, a cow has 4 stomachs, much like myself, so there's lots of tripe. I wonder if the quality from all the 4 stomachs are the same, or there's different grade.

And the tongue, I wonder too if the cow had a sharp tongue, and delighted in making fun of other cows. Suddenly images of Gary Larson's Far Side flashes through my mind. I can imagine a group of cows scolding one another, and instead of saying, "YOU COW YOU!", they probably say, "YOU WOMAN YOU".....Moooahahaha.

I digress. Yeah, so, we escape the macaroon class while waiting for the green and white ones to bake and get filled, and head to :

All the dishes on the menu look delectable.

Oh dear, this was quite sometime back, and I cant really remember what is what, so I am just gonna let the force take over, and be guided by my instinct. Ah, a piping hot bowl of various body parts, brisket, tripe, balls, (as in processed balls), ....yeah, that was Ciki's order.

OHHHHHH wooo woooo ahahah, Heaven is in my heart.... yup, think of the cholesterol that would bring me there.... but SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD, the tongue. Actually, for all you know, there's no cholesterol in tongue. Wishful thinking. Anyway, the tongue was divine. Smooth, velvety, tender, and sooooo tasty. Mmmmm, I could just tongue all day.

I had this kon lou noodles with beef brisket. No complaints. The noodles were nice and springy, (song), and the brisket tender, and well seasoned. Very good. In fact, I wish I could have some now.

Ryan Khang, the healthy slim chef, opted for THIS!!! Popiah. Sigh. Going to this beef place and eating popiah is like ..... is like.... ____________________
[hmmm, should i have a slogan contest here? The prize, some cash dining voucher in the starwood fleet of hotels somewhere....thamby, beat you to it, pbbbbbbbth]..

Bandy around some famous flogger names, like masak masak or lemongrass, even randomly, there's a likelihood the proprietors of the restaurant will throw in some comps. As did the lady boss at this place, and gave us this Penang Hokkien Dessert. Its a pandan flavoured glutinous thingie, slathered with gula melaka. How to go wrong?

So as a tip to you food bloggers out there, I generally randomly with a regal wave of the hand, usually proclaim out loud, I KNOW THAMBY, whenever I dine out.


A satisfying meal, but we over-ponteng-ed our class, for when we got back, everyone had left, and we missed the coupling of the green and white macaroons. Oh well, it was worthy it.

28 comments:

THAMBY said...

"I know thamby". I should do that too, hor, coz right now, all they're offering me is the bill.

I see you're giving out some cash voucher. I'd like to have a go at it, if I may, sir. That way, I have twice as much to offer on my own blog. *evil laugh*

Bangsar-bAbE said...

I can't bring myself to eat cow's tongue... o_0

But I dig beef noodles!! MooOoO =D

Precious Pea said...

I would have thought this is a Jap restaurant. Haha! Cool...shall try this place out since it's so near my office.

Sean said...

ok i googled it. three ounces of beef tongue contains 75 mg of cholesterol. compare that to the 412 mg of cholesterol in three ounces of goose liver. cholesterol intake should be limited in adult individuals to 300 mg per day.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha omg popiah in a beef noodle outlet is sex without penetration!! potong stim..

tongue oh tongue..maybe can go eat this after gym 1 day..

fatboybakes said...

ooh, so far only one slogan contestant.

yes, nipples, go for the tongue after a good workout. very satisfying.

sean, so the tongue is better than the liver huh... that is good news indeed.

pea, yup its worth a try.

bangsar babe, hail the new blogging queen!!! i heard u are in columnized in star metro...bow bow bow..

thamby, so, where ur slogan?

J2Kfm said...

i know thamby, i know FBB, and i know masakmasak. but just have not met face to face. :)
ahhahah.. boleh ah?

popiah in a beef place? erm, spaghetti in china town?

thule a.k.a leo said...

I don't take BEEF!!! Coz I have Kuan Yin statue which I pray everyday at home :) but I had an experience while studying in NZ. I had been taking a very delicious pepperoni pizza from a famous local pizza parlour near my university for a few months before realising that I was taking beef. Needless to say, I stopped after that...

xin said...

hmmmm i think i have never tried cow's tongue before, pig yes. are they similar?

Sean said...

oh ya, forgot about the slogan.
going to this beef place and eating popiah is like being fbb's friend and preferring secret recipe's cakes? *crosses fingers that flattery will get me to the westin*

Julian Si said...

Ponteng class... a trait that never ends!

BALLS!? :-) :-)

Life for Beginners said...

Eh, I suck at slogans. But they are so irresistible also. Speaking of "suck" though...

Going to this beef place and eating popiah is like ..... is like.... dating Thamby and not tasting her "Thamb" at the end of the night.Heh heh.

(Hey, if I can't win, I might as well join in and poke fun at her, rite? LOL)

qwazymonkey said...

errr since my england not veli good, I won't even try to attempt the slogan contest. I just shuddup now.

Rebecca Saw said...

ohh..that pandan flavoured glutinous thingie, slathered with gula melaka is our Pg Tee Nya kueh! so did u like it?

fatboybakes said...

TNG, ooh, i heard you met the luminaries at the friedchillies thing. ah, so that's what its called. tee nya? sounds almost naughty in cantonese. yeah, i liked it.

qwazymonkey, you mean we are beneath you ah? if your england not veli good, then we must cockney...

HAHAHAHA, LFB, that IS a good one....

jules, yeah, balls...why, you never eat before ah?

sean, snigger, good one....you like westin ah? mind you, i love doing cake drop offs in front of the secret recipe near my house. there's something deliciously ironic...

xin, actually, i dont think i have tried pig's tongue before wor.... so cant compare.

thule, i feel for you bro, the sacrifices we make for our beliefs. fortunately there are no prohibitions in my religion. (as in food) well, at least you can eat pork hor...

j2kfm, is that a slogan???? (the first part about knowing us 3, i mean) HAHAHAHAHA. eh, when do we get to meet you la? spaghetti in chinatown...hmmm.....pondering deep and hard...

Babe_KL said...

OMG they have tee nya kuih right here in KL????? I MUST, I MUST, I MUST go soon!!!!

Ciki said...

i could have tongued all night.... (2X)

and still have begged for more... !

fatboybakes said...

babe, i so suaku, i think its my first time trying. you'd think that at this age, i'd have tried MOST local stuff, if not all.

......I ONLY KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WHEN SHEEEE, began to TONGUEEEEEE WITH ME
I could have tongued tongued TONGUEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD, ALLLL NIGHT........[shattering glass sounds]...

HairyBerry said...

first the bush, then the buns, now the tounge! i'm so lurving the titles lar!

the contest still on ar? hehe...here's a shiok sendiri one.

Going to this beef place and eating popiah is like ..... is like.... using fingers to do things that tounges are more capable of.

kampungboycitygal said...

might join the slogan contest lol

Ciki said...

Hehe.. The tongue in spain stays maaainly in the plaaane...

Ciki said...

goin 2a tongue plc and eating popiah is lk watchn bovine sex.. Stilmulation, extraction, insemination but no cow to cow friction! Hahaha

Rebecca Saw said...

yes i met them!! highlight of the night! very recognisable ppl lorr..the moment i walked in i saw them! AWOL said u couldnt come cos of otr engagements..

Ciki said...

U didnt say how many times we can submit our slogans so...

2cows grazing in the field, standing up on their hind legs smoking cigars.. One esp's to the other...

say, why we sacrifice talking for, if the chef's gonna eat veges rolls at our restaurant?
(think gary larson.. Common... !)

fatboybakes said...

ciki, u should get ryan khang to read all this. hahahah...thanks for the bovine sex explanation...

TNG, yes, they are a very recognizable people arent they....famous mah...yeah, pity i missed it, i am sure it was lots of fun.

kgboycitygal, so, mana slogan?

guffaw, hairy berry, i'm wondering what the tongue can do that the finger cant...apart from talk...[innocent look]

Ciki said...

fbb/hairy ..

both can wag, both can extend.. so.. what ah?

GFAD said...

Going to this beef place and eating popiah is like .....using someone else's finger to dig your nose.

Henry Yeo said...

yay!!! beef tongues!!!!
makes one scream on the top of their lungs.
If you have not taken the plunge,
be prepared to get hung.