Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Day 3 - Zespri ® 14 Day Challenge -Vitamin C

My Nemesis shared with me today that her regular intake of Kiwifruit in the last few days has resulted in improved bowel movement.  Good for her.  I've never had that problem, and I've eaten so much Kiwifruit I fear it will be growing out of every orifice soon.

We are onto Day 3 (aaaaaaargh, has it only been 3 days?!!!!), and today's fun fact is...I leave that to Zekiwi Zespri to explain.

So what happens if you don't get enough Vitamin C?  Well, it's unlikely to happen to anyone reading this blog, but in severe extreme cases, you can get SCURVY, which if you read about HERE, can be damn scary. 



So, do treat yourself to these plump hairy berries, (I hope you're reading this, skinny hairy berry), ...for your daily dose of Vitamin C.

And for today's recipe, ...do you remember when Konyaku was all the craze, and blobs of it were being sold for RM2-3.  And suddenly, they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.  However, I personally love that springy texture of Konyaku, so why not...

KONYAKI (afterall, what's a wrong vowel between friends)-WI....
10 gm konyaku powder, unflavoured
120 gm sugar
950 gm water

1. Boil the water and sugar, and add to the konyaku powder.  Uh huh, that simple.
2. Line your jelly mould with whatever fruits you want, in my case, kiwi, strawberry and nangka, for those lovely green red and yellow hues.
3. Pour cooled jelly mixture  into mould, and refridgerate. 

TA DAH.





Check out the ZESPRI WEBSITE

3 comments:

Ciki said...

True fact on Scurvy.. well done ahpa..u like a regular scientist and all;) love the recipe.. even I could do it!

Alice JomMakanLife said...

Wth how did I miss day 2? Ok nvm. Shall go read it now. This is getting to b such a scream...kenot imagine kiwifruits growing out of every orifice. Worst than those zombies in World War Z!

KY said...

this is not good, i'm still allergic to kiwi, gahh.