Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Another Penang White Curry Mee Joins the Fray - Kim's Curry Mee

Got an email from a lady asking me if I'd like to review her new Penang White Curry Noodle.  It's all the craze, this white curry noodle thing.  I've never even had it in Penang.  What is it anyway?  Anyway, it wasn't until a few weeks back that I finally succumbed and tried the rival brand (the one that rhymes with Cali)... it was okay, as far as instant noodles go...

So, this new brand, came by pos laju, all the way from Penang....

..Marketed under the brand name Kim's Curry..

For the purpose of this experiment, I didn't want to embellish it too much, so just whatever came in the packet, and an egg.  The soup was curry-ish enough, and there are only 2 sachets of stuff...as opposed to 3 in the rival brand. 



Noodle texture, pretty standard.  Broth, ...Son said it was better than rival brand.  I thought it was okay, it wasn't mind boggling, but it IS an instant noodle, and for what it is, it's really not bad.  With some embellishments like taufu pok, meat, shrimp, taugeh, it would probably be better. 

I did finish the noodle...but as with all instant noodle stock, I can never get myself to finish the entire thing.

Thanks for the free sample!


No comments: